Attendance and timeliness are aspects of student success and the Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac Catholic High School learning culture. Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac Catholic School’s learning environments are structured using a modified block schedule.
Students are permitted ten (10) absences per period (excused and unexcused) per semester.
An excused absence is a recorded absence which has been cleared with a written and signed communication from a parent or guardian. Excused absences count toward a student’s overall allowable absences. The following are reasons for an excused absence from school:
- Urgent medical/dental treatment (with doctor’s note);
- Unexpected Family Urgencies;
- Please notify the attendance office in advance of a student’s absence by phone, followed up by written communication from the parent or guardian.
- Please report student absences before the beginning of the school day and no later than 8:30 a.m.
- Written communication with the High School Office is required before a student can be recorded as an excused absence.
- All calls and written communication are subject to follow-up communication.
It is Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac Catholic High School’s goal to produce academically prepared young adults who possess a sense of personal accountability and are equipped with the necessary skills to enter the workforce where punctuality is essential.
Students are considered late when they arrive for class after 7:30 a.m. Students arriving to class up to 15 minutes after the tardy bell rings (7:45 a.m.) will go straight to class where the absence will be changed to a tardy by their teacher. Students arriving after 7:45 a.m. must report to the High School Office to obtain a readmit and provide a reason for their tardiness.
- Two or more tardies in one calendar week will result in a detention.
- When a student reaches 10 tardies in a given grading period, he/she is subject to a Tardy Action Plan.
Please see the Student Handbook for Absence and Tardy Policy.